This policy statement discloses our privacy practices including the notification of:
- Personally identifiable information ("PII") collected through our Site;
- Intended usage of this PII;
- Choices available regarding opt-in/opt-out, data collection, use and distribution of the information;
- Security measures to protect the loss or misuse of information under YouTube's control;
- How to maintain the accuracy of your information.
YouTube endeavors to ensure the commercially reasonable protection of user's PII. We have implemented security measures to protect PII collected on our Site against loss, misuse or alteration. However, the Internet is an open system and technology and human operators are not infallible. Accordingly, we cannot and do not guarantee that the inpidual user information you have transmitted, including PII, will not be intercepted by others and/or decrypted or accidentally disclosed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet, and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
A Special Note about Children, Children's Privacy and Our Compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we are a general audience site and do not intend to collect any PII from children under 13 years of age, unless we believe such collection to be permitted by law. Our Site targets an audience that is over the age of 18 and some content may not be appropriate for all ages. Parental supervision is recommended.
Last Changed: April 24, 2005.